Healing time may differ between individuals. The healing of your tattoo depends on how well you take care of it. A new tattoo should form a light scab and flake within a week.† The tattooed area still needs approximately 1-2 additional week(s) to fully heal.† Please follow the healing instructions below.† If you have any questions, please contact @ Sacred Image Tattoo (262) 767-9227 or at www.sacredimagetattoo.com†
First 24 hours
1. Leave bandage on for 1 hour. After the first hour, remove bandage and DO NOT re-bandage again.
2. Wash tattoo with mild soap and cold water, being certain to remove any ointment or blood.† Wash tattoo throughout the day (3-5 times).
3. DO NOT apply any ointment during the first 2 - 3 Days.
Cleanliness is most important
4. Wash tattoo with mild soap and cold water, being certain to remove any ointment or blood.† Wash tattoo throughout the day (3-5 times)
5. After thoroughly washing hands and tattoo, gently pat dry and wait 10 minutes before applying ointment. Apply anit-bacterial ointment such as Bacitracin, Neosporin, A&D, Tattoo Goo or a fragrance free lotion (Curel). † I prefer a fragrance free lotion.
6. Use approximately 3-5 times a day for 7 days. It is important not to put on too much ointment as this will slow and disturb healing.
7. After 7 days, it is advisable to use a non-scented hand lotion for an additional 2 week.
General rule: If ointment is staining clothing or if the tattoo looks greasy, this is too much.† Apply only enough to cover the tattooed area very sparingly.
After your tattoo has pealed, the tattoo may appear dull.† The tattooed area still needs approximately 1-2 more weeks to fully heal.† By keeping the area moisturized with lotion, the tattoo will not appear to look dull.†
Red Inks may take a little longer to heal out and appear to look pink at first.††
If a rash occurs around the tattoo, (usually red dots, possibly white) discontinue applying ointment.† Everybody react differently to ointments.† Try using a different ointment.† If problem persist, contact me first 945-9425.†
Doís and Doníts
Stay out of chlorine pools, hot tubs, or prolong soaking in bathtub or shower.†
Do not use tanning beds unless totally covering the tattooed area.† Use a UV retardant material.
Tattoos do fade over time, but the sun speeds up this process. When in the sun for any length of time, use a good sun block, such as #45 or higher. Your tattoos will live longer.
Use common sense. Do not hesitate to call if you have a question or visit.